The Cargo Department carries out its activities on International Henri Coandă Airport (Otopeni) and is an important division of TAROM, provider of the best cargo services, providing flexible, cutting-edge solutions tailored to each customer's specific requirements, and the opportunity to adapt the same to a highly competitive airfreight market.
The Cargo Department has concluded collaboration agreements with famous airlines such as: American Airlines, Emirates, Cargolux, Aeroflot, China Airlines, with a view to enhancing capacities and covering the international network. The partnerships concluded with various international airlines allow us to extend our network on areas where TAROM is yet to operate direct flights.
TAROM also provides mail services between airports, having become the favorite mail carrier for major postal authorities in Europe. The staff of the Cargo Department amounts to 90 employees acting as a team that, due to their competence and responsibility, are able to ensure the high standard of the services we provide. The CARGO depot has a total area of 16,700 square meters and a capacity of 15,000 tones a year, direct access to the airport track.
These services are offered for transportation of goods both by TAROM aircrafts and by the aircrafts of partner companies with which handling cargo agreements are concluded.
Necessary operations in case of transportation of goods outside the country:
- Issue of AWB (goods transportation agreement) can be made both by the TAROM personnel and the cargo agents.
- Acceptance of goods is made at the TAROM terminal, checking whether the goods comply with the transportation conditions (documents, packing, marking)
- Customs formalities, are performed by the customs representative in direct relation with the sender or its representative (customs broker)
- Security control operations, performed in accordance with the laws in force in each country by the competent authorities.
It is important to know that, upon the request of customs and security authorities, goods can be opened for control only in the presence of the sender or of its representative. The goods are considered as accepted for transportation only after completion of the above-mentioned steps.
TAROM offers you the following services:
- Acceptance of goods arriving by plane based on air transportation contract (AWB)
- Handling and storage
- Notification to recipient (using the information on the AWB)
- Delivery after obtaining the customs approvals by the recipient or its representative, if applicable, and after paying the specific terminal fees.
The Cargo Department does not perform customs formalities. Under the laws in force, customs formalities are the responsibility of the sender, who has to contact directly the customs or a customs broker.
Airline transportation fees apply to the taxable weight, defined as the higher value between the gross weight and the volumetric weight (the three dimensions of the package are multiplied, in centimetres, and the result is divided by 6,000).
Domestic transportation services
This is the fastest way to send an envelope/package from a domestic airport (Baia Mare, Cluj, Iaşi, Oradea, Satu Mare, Sibiu, Timişoara, Târgu Mureş) to Bucharest and vice-versa. All categories of goods are accepted for transportation, except for dangerous goods.
TAROM offers cargo handling services on the terminal for airline operators both for regular and charter flights.