Public interest information
TAROM - Romanian Air Transport was established in 1954 and developed together with the Romanian aviation. TAROM performs its activity under the Ministry of Transportation and has been a member of SkyTeam Alliance as of June 25th, 2010.
The company operates on more than 50 own destinations as well as destinations operated by its code share partners.
The Romanian air carrier owns one of the youngest fleet in Europe, consisting of 23 aircrafts, and has been a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) since 1993.
TAROM is a modern and future-oriented company which is environmentally friendly by implementing innovative procedures to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
On June 25th, 2010, TAROM joined SkyTeam, the global alliance providing customers from member airlines access to an extensive global network with more destinations, more frequencies and more connections. Joining SkyTeam loyalty program, the passengers can earn and redeem miles by travelling with any member airline.
Documents regulating the organization and functioning of the company:
By law, TAROM is the national flag carrier, a state-owned company with main scope of activity regular air transport (domestic and international air transport of passengers, baggage, cargo and mail by regular and chartered flights).
TAROM shareholding structure is as follows:
- 97.17% of the shares are held by the Romanian State through the Ministry of Transportation,
- 0.09% held by Societatea de Investitii Financiare "Muntenia" S.A.,
- 1.26% held by ROMATSA R.A,
- 1.48% held by Compania Nationala "Aeroporturi Bucuresti" S.A.
Board of Directors
- Dragoș Vasile Pelmuș – Vicepresident
- Ion Laurențiu Voicu – Administrator
- Adriana Ionescu - Administrator
- Silvia Popeanga - President of the Board of Directors
- Machita Dan- Aurel - Administrator
- Alina Georgeta Velicu - Administrator
- Razvan-Alexandru Marica - Administrator
The remuneration of non-executive administrators: monthly gross remuneration under the form of a fixed payment in the amount of 5.259 lei .
Florin Susanu - Temporary General Manager
The remuneration of the Executive Management can be seen here.
Declaration of wealth and interests
Report of law implementation 544/2001