Located in the western part of Maramures County and documented in 1329, Baia Mare was first known through mining activities, exploiting underground resources, becoming an important golden centre in the 14th-15th centuries.
A walk through the historic centre of the city, rich in attractions, will give you a triple lesson: one of history, thanks to the County Museum of History and Archaeology, “Iancu de Hunedoara” House, the Butchers' Tower, “The Black Eagle” old inn, one of science if you go to visit the Mineralogy Museum, the Planetarium or the Observatory, and, last but not least, a lesson of pure Romanian tradition for those who choose the Ethnography and Folk Art Museum.
One thing is certain. At the end of your journey, your baggage will be full of beautiful memories, and why not, useful information.
Bucharest - Baia Mare
- from 69 Eur*, for round trip ticket, all taxes included, for online purchase, limited seats at this fare.
- 5 flights per week.
For all travels with TAROM, both internal and international, you have free services, such as:
- Free transport of baggage of up to 23 kg (1 piece of baggage for Economy Class; 3 pieces of baggage for Business Class)+10 kg of hand baggage. More details here.
- Free check-in in the airport , at the kiosk and online. More details about online check-in here.
- Free services on board. More details here.
*This price is submitted to specific terms and conditions.
- How to get from the airport to the city.
- Distance from the airport: 8 km.