Advance passenger information
The authorities in many countries require us to collect various types of personal information regarding our passengers.
We recommend that you provide the required information as early as possible by:
- contacting your travel agent
- entering it during online check-in from 30 hours up to 1 hour before departure
- entering it at a self-service check-in machine at the airport. If you depart from an airport where you can only check in at the desk, our staff will register the data contained in your passport.
The required data includes information from the machine-readable zone of your passport:
- Family name and first name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Country that issued the passport
- Passport expiration date
- Country of residence
Temporary address where you will be staying (for travel to the United States only) including the house number, street, city/town, abbreviation used for the state and the Zip Code.
When travelling to the United States, there are some exceptions in which you do not have to provide the temporary address :
- you are United States citizen holding a United States passport .
- during your outbound you will transfer in the United States to a connecting flight to a destination outside the United States, and the departure of your connecting flight will take place within 8 hours after your previous flight lands. In this case, when filling in your address, please enter 'Transit to Non-US country ' and provide the flight number of your connecting flight.
- you will be going on a cruise. When filling in your address, please enter: 'Transit to Cruise Line', adding the name of the ship and the city and state where your cruise will start.