Children travelling unaccompanied
Here you can find the conditions for minor children travelling unaccompanied.
Whether your child is traveling alone or with you, we recommend that you check the entry and travel requirements for minors by contacting the proper embassies or consulates. This applies to your child's destination country/countries or those through which your child has a connecting flight.
Children between the age of 2 and 5 can travel unaccompanied on flights operated by TAROM only if the parent or legal guardian:
- notifies such circumstance when booking the flight ticket;
- requests a travel escort from TAROM, for whom he/she shall pay a round-trip ticket;
- receives confirmation from TAROM for the transportation of the minor child and the availability of the escort;
- fills in, as mandatory requirement, the escort application form (Handling Advice) available from the check-in desk.
Children between the age of 5 and 12 can travel unaccompanied by their parent/s or legal guardian/s on flights operated by TAROM if:
- the parent or legal guardian notifies it when booking the flight ticket and receives confirmation from TAROM Company for the transportation of the minor child;
- the parent or legal guardian fills in, as mandatory requirement, the escort application form (Handling Advice) available from the check-in desk.
Children between the age of 12 and 18 shall be considered as minor unaccompanied children and shall be treated as such only upon express request of the parent or legal guardian.
Romanian citizens (regardless of their residence) aged between 2 and 18 can travel only if they fulfil the following conditions:
- they hold a notarised statement from both parents confirming that they agree for the minor child to travel escorted by a TAROM Company representative;
- parents must fill in, as mandatory requirement, the escort application form (Handling Advice) available from the check-in desk.
For unaccompanied minor children travelling on TAROM flights in connection with Air Europa Company (UX) such service shall not be accepted if the minor child is in transit for more than three hours.
TAROM shall charge a fee of EUR 40 / sector for the transportation of unaccompanied minors on international flights and EUR 30 / sector on domestic flights, including Flying Blue premium tickets.
Permit to travel form for passengers under 18 years old
As of 15 January 2017, any passenger under 18 years old, whether he or she is a French citizen or a foreigner living in France, must obtain authorization to leave the country (known as an AST) for any journey outside France without a parent or legal guardian.
Depending on the destination country, the passenger must be in possession of:
An ID card or an individual passport (with a visa, if applicable);
The permit to travel form (l'autorisation de sortie du territoire" in French) signed by a parent or legal guardian);
A photocopy of a valid identity document of the parent or legal guardian who provided his or her signature for the permit to travel form
* This form is available from the check-in desk.