- Because travel insurance offers safety and peace of mind.
- When I travel with peace of mind, I travel smart.
- Because insurance is not an expense, but an investment in peace of mind for myself and my fellow travellers.
- Because insurance costs less than lack of it.
- Because I stay away from nasty surprises, and a journey insured is a journey enjoyed.
- Travel insurance is not compulsory, but it is very useful.
- Insurance is not an expense, but an investment in travelling with peace of mind.
- Insurance is more than a fashion, it is in fact a token of civilization and travel culture.
- The partnership between TAROM and Colonnade is based on the common intention of offering services of theh best quality to the common customers.
- TAROM commercializes for and on behalf of Colonnade, travel insurances in the benefit of the eligible passengers.
- Through this website, TAROM ensures the online platform through which the Insurer Colonnade promotes their products and through which the visitors purchase their insurances.
- From this point of view, TAROM acts exclussively as intermediary between you and the Insurer.
- By purchasing an insurance through www.tarom.ro, the visitor enters into a direct contractual relationship with Colonnade.
The insurance policies may be purchased on-line on the TAROM website together with a plane ticket, and also from any TAROM agency in the country.
To gain time when making a reservation, we suggest to choose from now the package you need and to check the coverage of your insurance, as well as the chapter Terms and Conditions.
Depending on the flight selected on-line, you are automatically offered one of the following insurance packages:
Domestic Flights Cover for internal flights in Romania, which cover the following risks:
a. cancellation, interruption or abandon of travel
b. loss, theft or deterioration of baggage
c. baggage delay
d. missed departure
e. missed connection
f. travel delay
Air Travel Protection Plus is available for the following external flights departing from Romania to any TAROM destination and covers the following risks:
a. emergency medical expenses
b. repatriation in case of disease or accident
c. repatriation in case of death
d. accident-related death
e. accident-related invalidity
f. legal expenses
g. domestic Flights Cover
1. How can I purchase travel insurance?
2. What data is required for the issuance of a travel insurance?
To expedite the process, you need your full and CORRECT name and birth date.
3. Who is eligible to buy travel insurance?
Travel insurance policies are valid for Romanian and foreign citizens. The maximum age is 75 years when purchasing online on www.tarom.ro, and 80 years when purchasing at an agency.
4. Which types of travel can I insure?
TAROM and Colonnade provide you with a unique product on the Romanian market, designed for internal flights, and a very complex product for external flights, which covers many risks. Moreover, you shouldn't worry about anything, as we offer you the best insurance for your selected flight.
5. What happens if I insert incorrect data?
In this case, please contact our Call Center to cancel the insurance and issue a new one.
6. How can I cancel an insurance policy?
An insurance policy may be cancelled at no extra cost within 14 days from the issue date or one day before departure, whichever comes first. To request a cancellation, please contact the Colonnade sales department at email@example.com and the TAROM Call Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. The amount you paid for your travel insurance will be reimbursed in 30 calendar days from the cancellation request, in the same account which you used to make the payment.
7. What should I receive after I purchase travel insurance?
You will automatically receive an insurance certificate at the email address which you indicated. If you wish to receive an invoice, please send a request at email@example.com .
8. When does the insurance become effective?
The coverage for certain risks becomes effective immediately after purchase, while other risks will be covered only during your travel.
9. Who should I contact if I have questions about my insurance?
You can contact the insurer directly on 021.300.96.21 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm. Within 24 hours you will receive a reply to your request.
10. What is the maximum travel time?
The maximum duration of a journey is 180 consecutive days. If you plan to travel more than 180 days, please contact the nearest Tarom agency.
11. Who should I contact in case of medical emergency?
Colonnade Romania provides a 24/24 helpdesk service by calling the support number +4.021.307.92.40. In case of medical emergency, we recommend to contact the assistance hotline to benefit from a direct settlement of your medical expenses and a professional management of your case.
12. Who should I contact for any other issues when travelling?
You may contact the claims handling office at email@example.com or by calling 021.300.96.18 or 021.300.96.19
For administrative or sales issues
Please contact the Travel Department Director
Travel Department - (opening hours 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
For the claims department
In relation to compensation claims please contact:
Assistance Company - for medical emergencies (accessible 24/7)
Claims Department - (opening hours 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
+4021.300.96.18 / +4021.300.96.19
Email address: TAROM Call Center: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAROM helps you travel without worries
Through TAROM, Colonnade Insurance S.A. Luxembourg - The Bucharest Branch offers varied insurance services, available for sale both on the TAROM website, but also in TAROM's own agencies.