In the cabin
In the cabin
TAROM accepts only cats and dogs in the passenger cabin. In order for the pets to be accepted, they have to fulfil the following requirements:
- to be mentioned when the passenger books the flight ticket. Firstly, the pet has to be confirmed for travelling by TAROM and can afterwards be accepted on board;
- to be healthy: the passenger has to have a travelling international passport for the pet;
- if you are travelling in the Schengen space, the pet has to have a identification microcip and has to be vaccinated, according to the access requirements of your destination country;
- to be transported in IATA standard cage. Also, they can be transported in 'soft bag' type cage (fabric, waterproof cage, in accordance with the international regulations). The cages can be purchased from the specialized stores in selling pet products;
- to be clean;
- shouldn't be pregnant;
- shouldn't produce any discomfort for the other passengers
In the passenger cabin only dogs and cats are allowed, weighing up to 8 kilos (the weight of the standard transportation cage is included).
The maximum cage dimensions must not be over 44 x 26 x 17 cm.
There is a number of acceptance restrictions for pets:
- according to the plane type: ATR 42- maximum 2 cages accepted; B 737- maximum 3 cages accepted; A 318- maximum 3 cages accepted;
- a passenger can transport only one cage.
If a passenger comes to the registration office without a prior reservation or he/she doesn't follow the conditions imposed by the transporter (animal weight, standard cage, health state etc), the transporter can deny the transportation services for the pet.