The Divisions specialized in cargo transport carry out their activities on Henri Coandă International Airport (Otopeni), providing ones of the best cargo services in the area, materialized in flexible solutions, tailored to each customer's specific requirements.
TAROM has concluded collaboration agreements with famous airlines such as: American Airlines, Emirates, Thai Airways, Aeroflot, China Airlines, etc. managing in this way to extend the number of destinations to provide solutions for cargo transport.
TAROM also provides mail services between Henri Coandă International Airport and different international airports, having become the favorite mail carrier for major postal authorities in Europe.
The employees from the mentioned divisions succeed in providing the high standard of the services due to their competence and responsibility. TAROM Cargo Depot has a total area of 16,700 square meters and a capacity of 15,000 tons a year, having direct access to the airport track (please check Handling cargo terminal).
The cargo handling services are offered not only for the transport of the goods on TAROM aircraft but also for the ones carried by other companies having handling cargo agreements with TAROM.
The necessary operations for a cargo transport of goods outside the country:
- Issue of AWB (goods transportation agreement) can be made both by TAROM personnel and cargo agents.
- Acceptance of goods is made at TAROM’s terminal, checking whether the goods comply with the transport conditions (documents, packing, marking).
- Customs formalities, are performed by the customs representative in direct relation with the sender or its representative (customs broker).
- Security control operations, performed in accordance with the laws in force in each country by the competent authorities.
It is important to know that, upon the request of customs and security authorities, goods can be opened for control only in the presence of the sender or of its representative. The goods are considered as accepted for transportation only after completion of the above-mentioned steps.
For further details, please contact Marketing and Internal Sales Office and/or the Warehouse Sector (export), “Contact” section.
TAROM offers you the following services:
- Acceptance of goods arriving by plane based on air transportation contract (AWB)
- Handling and storage
- Notification to recipient (using the information on the AWB)
- Delivery after obtaining the customs approvals by the recipient or its representative, if applicable, and after paying the specific terminal fees.
The Cargo Department does not perform customs formalities. Under the laws in force, customs formalities are the responsibility of the sender, who has to contact directly the customs or a customs broker.
This is the fastest way to send an envelope/package from a domestic airport (Cluj, Iaşi,Timişoara,Sibiu) to Bucharest and vice-versa. Only general goods are accepted for transportation.
TAROM Cargo Terminal provides handling cargo services for airline carriers operating scheduled and charter flights.
The offered services are in accordance with IATA SGHA stipulations (2013 version), Section 5, namely:
- documentary handling (5.3);
- physically handling (5.4);
- cargo transfer/ transit (5.5);
- mail handling (5.6) - subcontracted service;
The facilities offered by TAROM in the Cargo Terminal are the following:
- cold room (approximately 36 m3);
- treasury room (approximately 12 m3);
- isolation area for living animals;
- forklift: maximum weights in load lifting – 3 tones; a pre-booking is required for the forklift with maximum 10 kg weights in load lifting.
TAROM Cargo Terminal is under customs supervision being in the same time equipped with a video monitoring system.
For further details, please contact the Handling and Operational Cargo Division – Head of Division, section “Contact”.
The transportation of live animals in cargo regime is not allowed on TAROM flights operated with Airbus 318 aircrafts.
Considering the veterinary regulations in force, the transportation of live animals in cargo regime is not allowed on regular TAROM flights from all extra-Community airports. The transportation in question is allowed to extra-Community airports.
TAROM offers cargo handling services on the terminal for airline operators both for regular and charter flights.
Here you can find information on cargo agents in Romania.
Click here to access the tracking service of cargo parcels.